EVANSVILLE — The race to fill the four Evansville Vanderburgh School Board seats open in the Nov. 3 general election will be crowded.
While four seats are up for election, only three sitting presidents will run again. Current School Board Member Ann Ennis, District 2 Representative, will not run for another term.
The EVSC School Board has seven members, each elected to a four-year term.
The current At-Large Representative, David Hollingsworth, decided to run for re-election in District 2, leaving the At-Large seat open.
Local news:Thousands of Hoosiers to write off federal student loan debt under Biden plan
Eleven new candidates, including five running for the seat at large, submitted their papers by noon to file on Friday. The remaining candidates will compete with either incumbent Chris Kiefer (in District 1) or Andy Guarino for another seat in District 2.
Applicants include former student council members and veteran politicians as well as newcomers.
At Large (vote for one)
- Geoff Worthington, former student council member. Worthington served as District 3 Representative for eight years, including as President of the Board of Directors. He was replaced in 2020 by Amy Ward, the current District 3 Representative. Worthington works in the Quest4Electronics and PC Quest sales team. He retired from the Evansville Police Department, where 19 of his 24 years were spent in school security.
- Melissa Moorehead Moore, Navy Veteran, Certified Life Coach and Public Relations Consultant. She is also the co-founder and co-host of Trashed It!, a podcast dedicated to helping women overcome barriers.
- John Jay Geary IIassistant director of admissions at Ivy Tech Community College Evansville.
- Caroline Gallagher, Registered Nurse. She currently serves on the city’s Disability Services Advisory Board and is pursuing a master’s degree in Nurse Leadership and Management.
- Ken Colbertwho owns the Seek and Find Consignments store in Evansville.
District 1 (vote for one)
- Chris Kiefer, current District 1 representative and chairman of the board, last elected in 2018. He is finishing his fifth term on the council. Kiefer is the Dean of Business at Ivy Tech Community College in Evansville.
- Jeremy HeathCurator of Volunteers of America, a nonprofit organization that provides correctional return services to help offenders successfully reintegrate into society.
- Anthony Cluttercatering assistant at Evansville Vanderburgh School Corp.
District 2 (vote for two)
- Andy Guarinocurrent district 2 representative, served on the school board since 2013. He retired from EVSC in 2013 after 33 years as a teacher and administrator.
- David Hollingsworth, a current representative at large, now works in District 2. He is a former steel worker and former EVSC bus driver. He was elected to his first term in 2018.
- Mike Duckworth is Business Development Manager for Commonwealth Engineering and Chairman of the Republican Party of Vanderburgh County since 2021. He previously served on the school board twice, in 1995–2000 and 2002–2018.
- Julie Lutz Fox is an Evansville attorney with Lutz & Fox. She has been practicing law since 1998, focusing on family law, criminal law, adoption and civil litigation.
- Casey Hillenbrand works as a women’s health nurse
- John Abbey retired as Principal of Princeton Community High School in 2014. He is a former EVSC teacher, coach and administrator, and served as athletic director of Bosse High School from 1994-1999. He is a volunteer leader and board member of the Booker T. Washington Afterschool Program at Lincoln School.